The Women’s National Basketball Players Association (“WNBPA”) is seeking a part-time, intern to provide support in the areas of business & legal affairs, operations, and licensing/marketing.Company/Organization: Women’s National Basketball Players Association (“WNBPA”)
Position/Title: WNBPA Business + Marketing Intern
Location: New York, NY (NYC)
Length: 15-hours per week (3-month minimum commitment)
Compensation: Unpaid. Applicants must be eligible to receive academic/course credit.
Role & Responsibilities
- Research and identify companies/brands for potential partnerships with WNBPA through its Group Licensing Program
- Participate in meetings with the WNBPA’s Group Licensing Representative/Partner.
- Provide operational support to WNBPA Staff
- Support WNBPA Staff in updating its database/digital records
- Some social media-related work
Applicants must possess the following qualifications to be considered for the internship.
- Must be currently enrolled at a four-year University degree program (graduate students preferred)
- Must be able to receive academic/course credit for the internship
- Minimum commitment of 15-hours per week (3 months)
Applicants should possess and be able to demonstrate the following abilities/skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent proofreader and attention-to-detail
- Willing to ask questions
- Strong research abilities
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker
- Experience using MailChimp
- Familiarity with Google Drive programs (e.g. Google Documents, Sheets, etc.)
- Passion for the game of basketball
- Previous experience in the sports industry preferred, but not required
The Women’s National Basketball Players Association (WNBPA) is the union for current women’s professional basketball players in the WNBA. The WNBPA is the first labor union for professional women athletes. It was created in 1998 to protect the rights of players and assist them in achieving their full potential on and off the court. The WNBPA handles the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, filing grievances on their behalf, and counseling players on benefits and post-WNBA career opportunities. The WNBPA also serves as a resource for current players, while they are competing internationally during the offseason.
*REMINDER: This is an unpaid position and all candidates must be currently enrolled in a degree program and must be eligible to demonstrate proof that they will receive academic credit from their academic institution to be considered for this position. The WNBPA does not provide compensation, housing or housing assistance as part of this internship.
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by no later than March 31, 2019.